• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP! MY MAP IS TO BIG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi! I have alot of imported units sounds on my map and the sounds are the lowest MB I could do. But my map is still to big it is on 5.00MB is there any way to make my map lower MB or whats the max MB a map can have to be created on battle.net?

Level 4
The max is 4.0meg. You could try using Vexorions Map Optomiser(how do you spell that??) I think that lowers your maps file size a little.I don't know where you could find it, try Google. other than that you'll proly just have to cut down on the number of imports you have.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Cut down your sounds do a decent size.
5-10 kb/sec should be your max since after that it becomes too much space for a multiplayer map.
Reduce your modles using modle reduction programs and as mentioned earlier use vexorians opitmizer to blow away 50-300 kb.
If you still need a smaller map cut out overly detailed modles like ones with 100-300 kb skins or ones with too many polyes.
If still its too big maybe cut sound altogether.
And if that does not work?
Well remove as much as you can till it reaches 4 MB.

With large modles you might want to ask people to resize their skins and reduce their polyes to save space.

Status
Not open for further replies.