• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
My computer works VERY slowly, and i found the reason but i dont know how to fix it. If i try to open some programs, it says this :
"MMC cannot open C:\Windows\System32\dfrg.msc. This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created with a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file."
So how can i fix this?

Level 11
dfrg sounds like defrag. Maybe your computer is infected, have you checked this possibility?

Level 11
MMC stands for Microsoft Management Control and it's a console that allows you to better control your system. Thus, it has (or it should have) nothing to do with other programs other than Microsoft system applications like Device Management or Services. My recommendation is that you scan your computer with more than one anti-virus/anti-spyware programs and check for rootkits (Panda Anti-rootkit is free).

Status
Not open for further replies.