• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Transferring Hero to next map (Campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I've already read about Game Caches and I've tried applying it but I might have done something wrong in the process. Basically I'm trying to create a campaign and I want the Hero stats/items to be carried forward to the next map. Problem is it's obviously not triggering and I don't know what I could have messed up. Here is the screenshots of my Game Cache, storing the Hero and trying to activate the second map.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 11.28.47.png

This is at map initialization where at the end it runs the trigger to activate the Game Cache.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 11.28.52.png

Here's my Game Cache.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 11.29.02.png

This is the list of triggers for the final cinematic and when it fades, it then activates the trigger to Store the Hero into the Game Cache

Screenshot 2021-04-16 11.29.05.png

This is the Trigger to Store the Hero.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 11.29.08.png

This is the Trigger to play the next map. In case I'm doing it wrong on typing out the next map, here is the location of where my map is and the Title of the map name.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 11.33.49.png

Level 13
I only tried once last night but it basically just fades black according to the trigger. But nothing happens then. The victory screen does not appear as well

I think I've found your problem with the next map not showing up. In the trigger called 'Finale' you order the game to fade out (screen turning black). Then you order the trigger 'Store Hero' to run.
Within 'Store Hero', you've placed an action called 'Turn off Next Level Run'. I assume this action was meant to start the trigger 'Next Level Run', which makes the game end and the victory screen show up.
Because this trigger is never ran, the screen only turns black and the hero is stored, but the game can't end because it was not ordered to do so.

I think the solution is to replace the action 'Turn off Next Level Run' with the action 'Run trigger....'.

Status
Not open for further replies.