• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Terrain and Leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I really need help here. EVERY MAP I make always has terrible terrain! I don't know what I should do to make the terrain better! My newest map (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/tribes-war-198073/?prev=status=r&u=Karzama) has good gameplay but has shocking terrain. Anyone know what I should do to make the terrain better so I might actually get an approved map?

Also that same map apparently has LOADS of leaks, but i don't know what they are and if i did i wouldn't know how to fix them. Any help here too?

Many Thanks!

Level 26
Leaks are empty spaces in memory.
Just for you to imagen how it looks:

Whenever you create region, group, set points and a lots more other actions you use them, and after that they usually aren't needed anymore. If you dont clear those "empty unneeded space" your game will have more and more on its head. This effect stack, and the longer you play the bigger lag will be, making the game unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.