• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with special effects and dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i know that the more special effects and units you have on the map, the more laggier the game becomes.

i have been making a map and I've put lots of special effects/dummies. I've set all the special effects into variables and destroyed each one. for dummies, i've added generic expiration timer for each one. I've also added a periodic event trigger where it removes all dummies that are dead from the game. Therefore, there shouldn't be much lag if I've removed them from the game.

the problem is my map is lagging badly. and soon after a while when it lags like hell. an error pops up saying not enough sometin forcin me to close the game.

so i would like to know:
1) The limit (if there is a certain limit) of special effects and dummies the game can have before it starts to lag
2) Did I miss something or can i do something to prevent such lag?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.