• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Dummies using models with no animation names have become invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
It's as the title says. I'm making a map, and I've used a dummy with the locust ability and given to them the model of the death animation for naga buildings (the water splash). I've made an ability that creates this dummy, and they weird thing is that it worked. It used to work. The model was scaled up which is why I didn't want to use special effect as those cannot be scaled. But now it no longer works and I don't know why.

What I know:
Any dummies that use models that have animation names (birth, stand, etc) work. Any dummies that use some models with no animation names do not work (Abomination exploding works but the water splash and transmute effect doesn't).
I know the unit is created because I put an expiration timer on and do something when it expires, all of that work.
I wondered if it was something I did in my map so I tried it again with a new map and the same thing happens. I don't see these effects anymore.

It's as if an update happened that messed up these animations.

I really don't understand why it doesn't work because I know for a fact that when I initially tested the ability, it worked.

I'm utterly puzzled and extremely annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.