• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help with some triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I got a couple of quesitons

1. How do you get rid of a question mark that is set to a special effect. everytime i try it gets rid of it in like 60 seconds instead of instant of a unit dies. heres the trigger
  • destory effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Confusion ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy confusion
2. On floating effects I'm trying to set the expire timer to a certain time but it doesn't want to go away. Also i want ti to float up never works. here the trigger.
  • Actions
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Rock Trap above RocktrapUnits with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
3. On a shaking camera trigger it never seems to work and if it does it wont stop. I try the reset trigger and never works. I think its the wait.

Level 7
1) A dying unit doesn't have a buff. It is dead. So your condition is false... I suggest finding out by other means whether that unit had the buff, or just destroy the special effect regardless of whether the unit had the buff or not. It doesn't matter really, does it?

2) Make the floating text non-permanent before applying lifespan.

3) Post the shaking camera trigger?

Level 10
Ok i got another quesiton how do you find out if a dying unit had a buff and it does matter because my spell keeps the specail effect on the creep till it died so i need to remove it. Next how do you make a floating text non-permanent? and ill post the shaking trigger in a sec

Level 22
deathdoorway said:
Ok i got another quesiton how do you find out if a dying unit had a buff and it does matter because my spell keeps the specail effect on the creep till it died so i need to remove it.
Do as I said, but you should also add a condition that checks if the unit has the buff. The damage detection system will actually register the damage before it has happened so the buff isn't gone yet.

Level 22
Floating Text:
  • Actions
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Rock Trap above RocktrapUnits with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Set FT = (Last created floating text)
    • Floating Text - Change FT: Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of FT to 3.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of FT to 1.00 seconds
Could you post the camera shaking trigger?

Level 10
Well basicly this is the basic one i tried
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in QueenGroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Camera - Shake the camera for (Picked player) with magnitude 3.00
        • Camera - Sway the camera source for (Picked player) with magnitude 10.00 and velocity 0.10
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for (Picked player)
Also by a damage system wut you mean. i tried this

• Actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • Camera - Sway the camera source for (Picked player) with magnitude 10.00 and velocity 0.10
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
i doubt it will work but it was a quick patch

Level 22
You can't have waits in pick function. You'll need to put the players in a player array variable and then loop through it. Like this:
  • Actions
    • Set i = 0
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Players[i] = (Picked player)
        • Set i = (i + 1)
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to i, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Camera - Shake the camera for Players[i] with magnitude 3.00
        • Camera - Sway the camera source for Players[i] with magnitude 10.00 and velocity 0.10
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Players[i]
The only problem with this is that there will be wait between all players.

deathdoorway said:
Also by a damage system wut you mean.
A damage detection system is a system that detects when a unit or several units is/are damaged.
But you actually don't have to use a system, there is another way.
You could have a trigger with no event and a condition that checks if the triggering unit has the buff and if the units life is less than damage taken. In another trigger you add an event to the first trigger when you add the question mark which will fire when your unit is damaged.

Level 7
Reborn, that's NOT where you put waits either. Waits break loops as well.

Here's a fix:

• Actions
      • Loop - Actions
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Loop - Actions

Level 10
Triggering confuses me a lil but for some triggers tho wait doesnt break it. On some of MUI it does for some reason. to answer child of bodom, I'm not putting this as an aura because the spell basicly turns the targeted enemy into neutral hostile and remains for the rest of game since its based on rounds. If i use an aura guess how many creeps would be converted and game would become boring and kind of rigged.

Level 10
Don't make a special effect, use the question mark in the buff you have... That way it will just go away when the unit dies anyways, that's what buffs do.

You don't understand a question mark cant be a buff. I've tried too way to many times and failed because its hard to get rid of as a buff. I set the duration to everything and it doesn't remove it no matter wut

Status
Not open for further replies.