• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Smart Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I gave a unit an smart ability but when i right click it says "No units can handle this command",any help will be strongly appreciated..

Level 2
You may need to post the map. The error message is not specific enough to post a single solution.

Basically the idea was to make a unit teleport instead of moving,so i created a unit,made him under values of a structure so he wouldnt have the move ability,created a teleport effect copied directly from Zeratul's Blink Teleport Effect,created an effect - target ability and under effects field added my teleport effect that i just created,and checked the flag "Smart".The ability itself works as i wanted to,but i cant get it to work with the right click,because it says "No units can handle this command".

Level 9
so you have used a normal unit which is able to move?
as far as i remember requires teleport the move ability (not 100% sure, has been awhile, had similiar problem)

i have managed to make your ability. please set the flag instant and remove the flag require target vision and set the ability arc to 359

Level 2
so you have used a normal unit which is able to move?
as far as i remember requires teleport the move ability (not 100% sure, has been awhile, had similiar problem)

i have managed to make your ability. please set the flag instant and remove the flag require target vision and set the ability arc to 359

I cant find this instant flag,you mean making it an Effect-Instant Ability?

Level 9
you have set the ability to "smart". there is also a flag "instant". maybe blizzard translated wrong in your localisation. for example in german "Smart" was translated to "small" (klein).
press the show raw data button to see the english values

Level 2
you have set the ability to "smart". there is also a flag "instant". maybe blizzard translated wrong in your localisation. for example in german "Smart" was translated to "small" (klein).
press the show raw data button to see the english values

been looking for it and couldnt find it,sorry to bother you this much but could you please give me a map with the ability made so i can use it as a reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.