• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Selfcasting Buff/Debuff Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, as my first post here i wish this could be better, but im in a tight spot and require some hands on assitance :p

Ive been working on a spell using JASS in a map ive been making. I need the ability to add a 40% attack speed increase, but at the same time a 200% increase in magic damage taken to the casting unit, preferably without targeting. Im a little new to this, but ive been coming along fine until this point. Any recommendations for abilities to base these effects on, or functions to get them accomplished would be appreciated.

Also, ive been having troubling finding a way to add a buff to a unit using a function in JASS. Any help here would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Level 8
to make it attack 40% faster create a custom endurance aura with no speed bonusess. to make him take 200% more magic damage give him an item spell named spell damage reduction where is the field with the how many immunity it will give do --> Hold down shift. and then type -200 and press enter. now give those abilities to the hero you want and when needed

Level 1
Thanks for the input Nantuko_Husk! Any ideas on how I would get the abilities to all activate on a single hero with a single click, as well as add a buff? I also need the ability to have an infinte duration until the spell is turned off. Much like "Defend" on footmen.

BTW i have tried using Defend, but it doesnt seem to have any trigger action when it is used, so it doesnt work for my purposes

Level 8
follow this link. its a spell template that is based on such abilities you say (defend,immolation ect.) so when you actiave it it gives some specific bonuses when you de-activate it removes the bonuses or adds other ones. it has instructions in it.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Spells&ID=907

and give credits to Daelin,he is the author of that template. he has included examples and instructions in it. if you still dont understand then contact him.

BTW i have tried using Defend, but it doesnt seem to have any trigger action when it is used, so it doesnt work for my purposes

to detect defend you dont use -Unit starts the effect/begins casting an ability but...

-Events
Unit is issued an order

-Conditions
Issued unit eual to some unit
Issued unit is a hero equal to true
Issued Order equal to order "defend"

-Actions
It's up to you now!

and add more/less conditions based on your needs.
to get when a unit is issued undefend do the same
just change the
Issued Order equal to order "defend"
to
Issued Order equal to order "undefend"

that will work,but i still suggest using the link i gave you.

Level 1
excellent, thanks for the help guys i think i can get this working now.

Daelin said:
About adding a buff, that's because that function doesn't exist. There are very few functions inexistant in GUI but available in JASS. Sorry, but you'll have to use a dummy ability for this!

blast, oh well thanks again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.