• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

buffs and debuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok this should be a rather simple thing to do but im abit puzzled. im trying to make disease cloud not only deal its dps but also reduce enemy armour by a certain amount say 3. can i get some help here? o also ive looked this up but cant really find a good answer for it. how come the buffs picture and description stays as disease and not wat i had put in. for example if it is set to something like "Scorching Flames(name of buff)" with the flame strike picture, in game it still shows disease. wats wrong here? :vw_wtf:

Level 20
Some buffs are harcoded, means that, no matter what you do, you'll always get the default buff, or, in some other cases, the ability won't work at all.

You could use an Inmolation ability, and change the targets range damage effect etc. to what you want. When the Disease Cloud is activated, add the unit a disabled spellbook (Player - Disable ability) that contains the ability wich reduces armor (an aura). Detect deactivation of the Inmolation and remove the spellbook.

Level 2
so for an aura that gives negative armor i can set devolution aura to negative via the preferences right? would that work?

Level 2
wen the skill is added to the attacked unit it automatically dies. either that or wen the attacking unit that puts the debuff on them performs an attack the unit automatically dies. how do i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.