• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hive Workshop,
Please help me out. So I'm working on my map, and its about 50% done. But thats not the point. I'm having trouble with an optional quest where you have to kill a troll, and bring his head back to the quest giver. The problem im having is when you pick up the item, you immediatly complete the quest, but i want it so that you have to return the item to the giver. I'm new to this whole "trigger" and "mapping" thing, but i think you guys will be able to help a noob out.

Thanks,

ShadowBlade

P.S. if you need me to send a picture of the current triggers (2 of 'em) it'd be no problem.
P.P.S. also, for the reward, i wanted a vial that was refillable at fountains, healed, and restored mana (ex: vuen's D&D vial.). And to know how to force the hero to take an item, as opposed to dropping it on the ground in front of him

Status
Not open for further replies.