• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with personalized faction please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I'm doing a custom faction and I need help to do everything a normal faction would do (collect resources, build, train, update, expand, attack).
I appreciate your help.

Level 39
I would suggest you pick whichever of the 4 main races has a building style most similar to the new faction you're making and then just start copying units and changing values. Worker units will need to have the right harvesting abilities, but aside from that there isn't much 'complicated stuff' about making a new faction that isn't the planning and actual Object Editor-ing. @Kyrbi0 will back me up here. Just start somewhere and keep making your race as you see fit until you run into a roadblock, then post here. If you want new mechanics, then dream them up. Come up with units that have strengths and weaknesses, identify your faction's strong points, how is it unique, how is it 'the same', design a techtree that limits your OP units until later in the game, etc. There are so many steps here you just need to start and see where you get.

If you need to make a custom AI to play a custom faction you have already completed, then there are tutorials for that... but it sounds like you're at the "planning" stage not the "polishing" stage.

Level 7
[QUOTE = "Pyrogasm, post: 3282362, member: 134714"] Sugiero que selecciones cualquiera de las 4 razas principales que tienen un estilo de construcción más similares a la nueva facción que están haciendo y luego comienzas a copiar unidades y cambiar los valores. Las unidades de los trabajadores necesitarán tener las habilidades de la cosecha adecuadas, pero aparte de eso, no hay mucho "material complicado" sobre crear una nueva facción que no sea la planificación y el editor de Objetos reales. [USER = 153942] @ Kyrbi0 [/ USER] me respaldará aquí. Simplemente comienza en algún lado y sigue haciendo tu carrera como mejor te parezca que te toca con un obstáculo, y luego publica aquí. Si quieres nuevas mecánicas, entonces concédelas.Crea unidades que tengan fortalezas y debilidades, identifica los puntos fuertes de tu facción, como es único, cómo es "lo mismo",

Si necesitas crear una IA personalizada para jugar una facción personalizada que ya hayas completado, hay tutoriales para eso ... pero parece que estás en la etapa de "planificación" y no en la de "pulido". [/ QUOTE]

Gracias. Una cosa si es verdad, estoy pasando por la primera etapa, voy a seguir tu consejo. :pulgares hacia arriba:

Level 7
[QUOTE = "Kyrbi0, publicación: 3282384, miembro: 153942"] xD xD xD
Oh, te respaldaré bien. ; ) [/ CITAR]

De acuerdo, terminaré mi facción y pediré tu ayuda (por favor). :RE

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's cool. It's just this is an English site, so we keep public posts in English.

~~~

Anyway, making a custom faction can be a fulfilling & exciting little niche of Warcraft 3 modding. There's a good dozen or so of us "race modders", and plenty of cool things to choose from. Lots of great tutorials & resources; thanks to @Alok I need only link you to one of them, since it contains links to all the rest (personal fave: MCV's "Design Guide to the Fifth Race")

I've found with Warcraft 3 modding, the World Editor is a uniquely-suited tool for beginners; easy enough to learn from by studying & tinkering & testing, but robust enough to do lots of cool stuff. Try messing around with stuff for a while.

Also important: you probably oughta figure out what kind of races/factions you wanna design. The only kind of help I'm really able to give is dependent on the kind of race/faction you pick; I'm a designer at heart who seems to be infinitely capable of coming up with stuff but completely incapable of actually modding. xD

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.