• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Magnetic Repulsion Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello. Anyone out there know the trigger system to create the magnetic repulsion effect? When to ordering the NPC unit as caster or a player unit as caster to have ability actives with "magnetic repulsion" effect, the caster pushes away all other units and players EXPECT the buildings or doodads, away from the caster with in the range of the caster. I want to have 2 trigger systems. One is for special effect. Other one is for unit. Thank you for reading. :)

magnetic-forces-gif.358463

Attachments

• Magnetic Forces.gif
    Magnetic Forces.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 11,342
I want a trigger system to be stay within the unit, not "push" ability.
effect, the caster pushes away all other units and players EXPECT the buildings or doodads, away from the caster with in the range of the caster.
What's the exact difference if not push away?

Level 8
I mean, this one knockback simple v.1.03 works good, almost exact same as what I wanted it to be, the ability from the tower that pushes away, almost... but, I want forever, not one time hit, you know? I want the ability to be casted and be active for few seconds, and when it's actived, wherever the unit go, it will pushing all the units away or pushing the player away from player's team to get it killed before the team comes to save it.

Also, the other problem is that I already have broken speed limit, terrain pathability, and move-x index installed in my map, and this "Knockback" map has one, and I dont know if the knockback ability from this tower I liked is infected with its terrain pathability system.

Level 8
I am good with trigger system, but... I am not good with GUI. And, this map is all GUI. I don't like it. I just need the trigger system that works properly without GUI... let me find the one of trigger systems that I almost finish with fix, but still having problem with it, but it's what I wanted, but still need to be fixed...

Level 8
@IcemanBo I mean, yes... I do want the GUI, but I also want it to have a configuration without GUI. So. I will be able to edit the effect, range, duration, ability, target allows, and other options. I found one that's perfectly match with my detail, but the problem is that when the Endurance Aura is actived, the unit itself moving north forever... and looks like this effect push all other units to north only. I want the barrier to push all units away like explosive blast effect....

Attachments

• Barrier Test.w3x
    51.4 KB · Views: 17
Level 8
I don't know why this is un-understandable... I mean, I already posted a forum about it too, but it hasn't been solved for few months now. I decided to create new forum again in different way to show the example. And, now it's still un-understandable... I don't know how to explain it... unless I find a GIF video to show clearly example...

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
  • Every 0.50 seconds pick every unit within X range of target.
  • If picked unit is:
  • 1) not equal to target
  • 2) an enemy
  • 3) a non-structure
  • 4) alive
  • Then Run Knockback.
Take any decent knockback system (Bribes is good) and use that when you "Run Knockback".
GUI Knockback 2.5D v4.2.5.0

You can configure all of the details in GUI or edit the system yourself in Jass.

Level 8
@Uncle It's not there I am looking for. What I want is like exactly this trigger system from the map file I attached that is as ball special effect, but I want it to be turned into buff or ability.

Push = Succeed
Ability = Not Succeed
Buff = Not Succeed

Attachments

• Push System Test Success.w3x
    93.7 KB · Views: 16
Level 8
Yes! Perfect! That's one! Yeeeess! It is that I am looking for! :peasant-grin:

This is what I really wants. But, the only problem is that when the target bounces back, it's like blinking. I want the target to be sliding bounced back. Like the bounce slide effect from this: knockback simple v.1.03

@Uncle I was wondering if you can make this bouncing slide back effect instead of blinking? This "Repel" trigger system is perfect. But, I don't like the way target got blink bounced back. It's blinking. I don't like it. I want slide bounced back like what knockback simple v.1.03 used.

My map is powered with sliding movement on all units because I am rebuilding Fanfop's Battleships Starwars from 2007.

:)

Last edited:
Level 20
Unfortunately, you can't configure systems within Object Editor data fields which I believe you're pointing to because of that endurance aura you've been explaining about. All spells/systems published here are configurable within Trigger Editor; configurable data like area, filters, radius, ranges, and effects should be scripted for a flexible configuration (except for the data which we couldn't absolutely manipulate before such as cooldown, manacost, description) Uncle already showed an example. However, a knockback system should have an instance check for the unit to filter out for enumeration. Based on that repulsive magnetic force GIF you provided, it doesn't exactly match the behavior of that Repel linked by Hermit. But I think that's enough to solve your problem. You just confused Icemanbo in that 'without GUI' part because there's no such thing. He's just trying to understand but it turns out that you should be the one to understand what you're trying to point out honestly.

Level 20
I apologize also if it sounded harsh for you but that's not my intention. ;)

Anyways, I don't have my available time for the editor yet.
You could've just (or someone) who's able to incorporate
a knockback system inside the enumeration part of that Repel script.

Level 20
If you can patiently wait probably tomorrow, I can easily rewrite
that from scratch + in JASS form. Or just GUI to make it friendly.
(Just in case no one provided for you)

Although, it would only take minutes of your time to incorporate it.

Level 20
As promised, here you go;

I've just incorporated your desired knockback system into the enumeration part of the script.
However, I've just realized it's a waste of time to rewrite it from scratch so I've just edited it.

I believe this behavior now matches the GIF you provided on your main post:
repel-edited-gif-gif.358524
EDIT:
If you're not satisfied with it, just tweak the knockback configurations to your likings.

Attachments

• Repel Edited.w3x
    51.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.