• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edy

Edy

Level 9
  • Lightning - Move PH_lighting[PH_Temp] to source PH_Point1 and target PH_Point3
The event is periodic- every 0.03 secs. It attaches from "SOURCE" of caster to "TARGET" of my dummy (shuriken). I need it to move from hand,right (PH_Point1) to chest (PH_Point3). I sadly can only use GUI, if you can do it via custom script JASS code that'd be rad. + rep and credits to the responder.

If this can't be done then a simple height of 50 is welcome.

Level 39
Lightning effects can't be attached to attachment points. The best you can do is the 50 height. If you set the 'true' to 'false' I believe it will show the lightning in the fog of war.
JASS:
call MoveLightningEx(udg_PH_lighting[udg_PH_Temp], true, GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationY(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationZ(udg_PH_Point1) + 50.00, GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point3), GetLocationY(udg_PH_Point3), GetLocationZ(udg_PH_Point3) + 50.00)

Last edited:
Reactions: Edy

Edy

Edy

Level 9
Lightning effects can't be attached to attachment points. The best you can do is the 50 height. If you set the 'true' to 'false' I believe it will show the lightning in the fog of war.

call MoveLightningEx(udg_PH_lighting[udg_PH_Temp], true, GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationY(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationZ(udg_PH_Point1) + 50.00, GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point3), GetLocationY(udg_PH_Point3), GetLocationZ(udg_PH_Point3) + 50.00)

Attachments

• Yikes.png
    Yikes.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 36

Edy

Edy

Level 9
call MoveLightningEx(udg_PH_lighting[udg_PH_Temp], true, GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationY(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationZ(udg_PH_Point1) + 50.00, GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point3) - There is one but when I add another one " )) " at the end of the line it causes :Not enough arguments given to function: MoveLightningEx

Level 7
call MoveLightningEx(udg_PH_lightning[udg_PH_Temp], true, GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationY(udg_PH_Point1), GetLocationZ(udg_PH_Point1) + 50., GetLocationX(udg_PH_Point3), GetLocationY(udg_PH_Point3),
GetLocationZ(udg_PH_Point3) + 30.)

Reactions: Edy

Edy

Edy

Level 9
Works now, Pyro did everything right, the y z for the second part of the script didn't copy for the last script. It's perfect :) thanks for the help

Attachments

• works.png
    works.png
    389.9 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.