• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with gmax animation plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im trying to animate my model using gmax and for example: if i animate an arm to move it will disconnect the arm from the body and itll look reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyy crappy... and yes im moving the bones only. im trying to figure out a way to have part of the mesh of one object to be connected to part of a mesh of another object... i cant submit screens cuze i dont know how if you could tell me how ill show you what exactly im talking about. PLZ any gmaxers out there help me

Level 1
Ok im not sure how it is in gmax but i have 3ds max and i think u can use atach tool to make all the meshes into one then connect the parts u need using create tool in polygon roll out. then for the whole editable poly or mesh use skin modifier add the bones u need and edit the envelopes of the bones

Status
Not open for further replies.