• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help With Editor Stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
How do I make faded tooltips?
(Ex: -whenever you use hide, the hide ability button dims out a little bit)

How do I fix up tooltips to remove that border?
(Ex: -Critical Strike ability, Bash)

How do I make abilities like Syllabear's Bear's entangle?
(Ex: -or like Mjoll, Maelstrom, and other %chance on hit???)

Level 11
The faded tooltips is just something the wc3 engine does automatically for abilities; you can't replicate it for just any ability.

To remove borders for active ability icons you need to get custom icons or find a way to open up war3.mpq or war3x.mpq, export icons, then change them so that they look like passive icons.

To make % chance entangle, create a dummy unit with no model and the locust ability, as well as the entangle spell you want to cast.

Make a trigger that detects when a unit is attacked. Check to see if the attacking unit is the right unit type, and if it is, check to see if a Random Integer from 1 to 100 is less than <percent chance>. If both conditions are satisfied, then create the dummy unit at the location of the attacked unit, give it a timed life buff of about 1.5 seconds, and order it to cast entangle on the attacked unit.

OK... First off, go to the Introduce yourself! thread.
So.
Q. 1:That's called a disabled icon, or a "DISBTN". You can only make that with an imaging editing program, even Paint, check out this tutorial to learn how.
Q. 2:That's called a passive icon, or a "PASBTN", which you can also use this tutorial to learn.
Q. 3:That you have to make with triggers, and that ain't no piece of cake if you've never done it before... Here are some(many actually) tutorials on how to learn triggering. I learned it by reading tutorials and experimenting, so it's not that hard to learn, good luck if you decide to try!

Level 4
Seriously. No one of you people here ever checked item ability for orb of shadow? Nor the one for corruption either? That's an orb effect where you can specify the chance to cast a specified ability. Chain lightning or entangling roots. Even shockwave or whatever you want. "New" LightningOrb for example uses purge.

Status
Not open for further replies.