• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Carrion Swarm Spell with Armour Reduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello all.

I am creating some heroes and a basic map. I'm only up to my first spell and already getting problems!

I have crafted a carrior swarm spell slightly altered damage wise. I am trying to get it to reduce armour. The only buff close to this is Acid Bomb but that does damage. PLEASE help me!

Sort of like Howl of Terror from Vengful Spirit for those Dota players.

[email protected]
or PM me
OR reply to this forum.

Cheers

Level 1
Acid Bomb Damage 0? I wish it were that easy!

Unfortunately no. If you have ever tried making/editing a buff or effect you will notice how little options it gives you. And I really mean shit all options.

Level 3
I think he wants a cone or line AoE spell that also has the effect of reducing armor.
Only way i know of doing this is making multiple pick every unit in x range of point offset by x from the caster and then create a dummy for each picked unit and cast, like, faerie fire or something. Or creating multiple dummy units at point offset by x and have them cast modified howl of terror.

Problem with either method is that you are working with multiple circles that u spread apart. If you work out correct distances n test it abit, it should like fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.