• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help With Building Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Correct me if im wrong but i think Building Models doesn't use a seperate file for its portrait to show up of the building i think it is embeded with the Mdx file alone so i have downloaded a building here in hiveworkshop but its portrait has no background color so how can i apply a background color of it If its portrait is embeded in the MDX file?

Level 28
Open another model that has the background and extract its geoset, then import this background to the new model and change its texture to Replaceable ID 2.
After that, create a geosetanimation to the background geoset and make it visible only on portrait animation.

Level 9
Open another model that has the background and extract its geoset, then import this background to the new model and change its texture to Replaceable ID 2.
After that, create a geosetanimation to the background geoset and make it visible only on portrait animation.
I just noticed that the building model that i downloaded already has a "Replaceable ID 2" which is Team Glow and a Material Manager that uses the Replaceable ID 2 and a geoset that used the material that used the Replaceable ID 2 and unexpectedly two Geosetanimation that is using the same geoset that uses the material which contains the Texture - Replaceable ID 2 so why is there no background color i could send you the model that i am talking about if you want to.

Level 9
sorry for the long response but here it is im also gonna upload some buildings that have the same issue like this and some units that have a portrait already embeded in thier MDX file and has no separate files for the portrait. I hope i'm not asking too much it is just that i have no idea how to edit thier portrait if there embeded together with the mdx. hope someone can fix this issue. the first building that i uploaded the Draeneibarrack.mdx is the one that im talking about has 2 geoset animation that used the same geoset and Material.

Attachments

• Draeneibarrack.mdx
    57.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Draeneitower.mdx
    27.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Dtower2.mdx
    26 KB · Views: 27
  • dhouse.mdx
    19 KB · Views: 27
  • draegrunt.mdx
    95.6 KB · Views: 32
Status