• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Attribute-Based Damage for Auto-Attack Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I'm relatively new to trigger editing and have run into a slight snag with on of my Hero's spells.

I've been trying to make my ability "Call of Fire" (based off of Flame Arrow) deal damage based off of the Hero's Intelligence. I've gotten it to work with limited success using :

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Call of Fire
  • Actions
  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Lightning
Where I run into snags is when I set the ability to autocast. While auto-casting, the spell doesn't receive any bonus damage unless I physically click on the ability and the target for the ability.

Any help is appreciated. =-)

Last edited:
Level 12
Status
Not open for further replies.