• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Right, I'm making a map which is kinda like castle fight, i want to be able to have computers in the map by choosing them before starting or when someone leaves. I've done that bit. But i don't want them to end up buying the cheapest thing constantly, and at the moment i've made it so they buy the same things as the opposing player, so it won't really do anywhere... any help of ideas? i have some ideas but i want other ideas for if mine doens't go well

Level 23
Easiest thing would be imo to define a bunch of Events with which the AI interacts.
So you got some Events that maybe fire when the AI has a certain amount of gold, the later the gametimer is, the more costing buildings AI builds.
If you allready got it that it builds the cheapest one, justa dd some ifs n stuff to tell it to build something stronger after a certain amount of time/whatever.

Level 13
What i've done so far is made it so that if they have -amount of gold for structure- and -number of this structure of other player is more than they have +1- then they will build the structure, this SHOULD make it so they will try to build 1 more than the other player all the time right? and then i've made them get upgrades if they have enough of the building

Status
Not open for further replies.