• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with a trigger that increases mana regen through items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Help with a trigger that increases mana regen through items and a year trigger

So, I'm trying to make a trigger that uses an item that increases mana regen by 0.02, and should be able to be stacked to 10 times (with it showing as having 10 charges).

It's to be used in conjunction with another system, the base mana regen for the unit that the item is supposed to be used with is -0.04.
So, all units of that type begins with this item at 1 charge, which should increase their regen to -0.02.

But, I need help to make the actual item and regen effect (which is not based on percentage! (This frustrates me to no end)).
I also need help to make a system that periodically increases the item charge by 1 if some other things are not true.

I hope that I wasn't too hard to understand.

Edit: by help with, I mean making it, since I seem to have no idea of how to do it

Edit2: something that I also need help with, but I've only remembered now is, a year trigger, how do you do it?

Last edited:
Level 6
Eh, more like: I have nearly no knowledge on how to use items with triggers.
That, and finding the right actions (btw I only use GUI, plus leak patchers).

Edit: BTW I've kinda tried making a year trigger but it hurt me head a bit (never used leaderboards and the like, so I don't really understand how to use them)

Edit2: I seem to have figured out how to do the item ability atleast, by using a brilliance aura ability that only targets itself.

Last edited:
Level 6
Uh, Ye know, I don't get what you mean with this part: (mana of unit / 100)
And wouldn't that make the game terribly laggy?
Oh and there is no condition to check if the picked unit has a specific item (not from what I can find, which is what I really hate with GUI, can't find anything).

Edit:
  • mana
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to ((Mana of (Picked unit)) + (0.02 x (Real((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Picked unit) of type Item))))))
            • Else - Actions
This is how far I've got now.

Edit2: I've gotten it to work perfect now, thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.