• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with a spell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys I want to make a certain spell to be channeled, means Hero casts [spell] and after for example 5 seconds the [spell] does maximum damage, but the Hero already can use it after 3 seconds for example, means that every second the damage increases.
While the [spell] is being channeled the Hero still is able to move around, furthermore I want the channelling to create an animation on his hand, for example fire or something like that.
When the Hero decides to attack an enemy when the [spell] is channelling or being channeled, the hero will move with 2,5x speed to the target and do a certain amount of damage.
The damage should be calculate somehow like this:
Channeled time (maximum of 5 seconds for example)*2,5*hero's agility...

I coloured everything where I have absolutly no idea how to make that with red colour.
Everything where I have an idea I coloured yellow.
Everything I finished with green.

Thanks in advance

Level 4
Wow, this should be in the requests forum. Feels like you're asking us to make some super spell for you.

As for the actual making of the spell, it'd be much easier if you did it in JASS, but it's do-able in GUI. Which one are you using?

Level 2
GUI, Im not asking you guys to make the complete spell for me, tips would be more than enough ^^

Level 4
You're going to have some fun with this one then if you're doing it in the GUI.

First off, what exactly does the spell do while it's being channeled? Is it akin to Flamestrike? Does it move with the caster like Bladestorm?

Secondly, I assume that when you say it's being channeled that means the caster can't be casting any other spells, yes?

Level 2
i think channel is the wrong word, its more like you activate it, and bla bla, so you could see it as a buff, but you cannot use other spells during that time

Level 4
I'm not sure how you would disable the other spells with a GUI. I'm not even sure how you'd do it with JASS.

But as an effect you could attach an orb to the right/left hand of the caster using the string "weapon,left" or something to that effect. I don't usually use hand attachments so the name fails to come to me.

As for the movement speed increase while attacking, you could use an event when a unit is issued an order, and conditionals that check whether the unit has the buff or not, and increase speed or just plain teleport the caster a few feet ahead to simulate fast movement.

You could try using Flamestrike for the first effect, as you cast it, and it doesn't strike until 3 seconds afterwards, and leaves a small damage over time on units that enter the area after the 3 seconds. Just change the small damage to be larger and you'll have your effect.

If you need a better description then just say so.:wsmile:

:EDIT: If it double posts I apologize ahead of time. The internet wasn't responding so I clicked submit reply multiple times >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.