• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Sooo, I downloaded this model, and followed the instructions on the tutorial, but I get a big green box and it says could not open or something. Please help?

Tutorial link-http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=wkzbyh&p=tutorial_import

Model Link-http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=50732&prev=c%3D3%26t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26status%3Dg%26page%3D2

Level 2
Sooo, I downloaded this model, and followed the instructions on the tutorial, but I get a big green box and it says could not open or something. Please help?

Have you tried testing the map?? Somtimes I get that too but when you test the map it works fine. Try testing it if you havent already.:xxd:

Level 2
I did, but it doesn't work. The character doesn't appear at all.

I tried it myself and I found the problem when you import the files you need to import the model file (.mdx) the portrait (.mdx) and the skin (.blp). After you import them all you need to change the path name. To do this right click on the model file in the import editor, and select "Modify file properties" then click on the checkbox that says "Use custom path" an delete the "war3mapImported\" part of "war3mapImported\DarkKael.mdx" so all u have left is "DarkKael.mdx". Do the same thing for the portrait. The skin is your problem, When changing the path name on that one, instead of just having "DarkKael.blp" you need to add a "Textures\" to it (Textures\DarkKael.blp) otherwise it cant find the skin file meaning you can see Kael. TADA it should work fine now.:grin:

Level 4
Make sure you get the correct file path, for this model the correct path is "Textures\DarkKael.blp" Replace the "War3Imported\DarkKael.BLP" with "Textures\DarkKael.blp" and you good to go, Once you get the imported model's file path correct shut off the editer (Save first) and open it again.

Level 6
Tried a few hundred times and the textures still dont show up in-game though its fine in the World Editor. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.