• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help or Request WE] Passive Mana Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello Hivers, it's been a while since I look at the forum, and today I came to ask if there is any tutorial in Hive to make an active skill into a passive skill
as the title says is the Mana Shield
I found a tutorial for put CD in passive skills but not to do what i want it

it work like the normal Mana Shield, while the unit has mana she will have protection until her mana over (for magical and physical damage)

Level 39
Buddy. By giving the unit a self-targeted aura that bestows the buff and SFX (which is totally optional) it's like an 8 line trigger using Damage Engine 5.4.2.3. I think you could have figured it out.

• Events
    • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes equal to 1.00 //this fires after armor has been applied to the damage, which I presume you would want; otherwise use DamageEvent = 1.00
  • Conditions
    • (Level of SHIELD_ABILITY for DamageEventTarget) greater than 0
  • Actions
    • Set Mana = (Current mana of DamageEventTarget)
    • Set ConversionFactor = 1.5 //1 point of mana blocks 1.5 damage
    • Set Check = (DamageEventAmount - (Mana x ConversionFactor))
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Check less than than 0.00
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Set mana of DamageEventTarget to (Mana - (DamageEventAmount / ConversionFactor))
        • Set DamageEventAmount = 0.00
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Set mana of DamageEventTarget to (0.00)
        • Set DamageEventAmount = Check

Status
Not open for further replies.