• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help on Hero selection interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Dear everyone,
I want to create a hero selection interface for a custom map where every player can select the hero that he wants to play, and every player sees everyone's choice.

Can you give me advice on where to find out about how to implement this? i have not been very successful in the past days. I am new to wc3/Jass development, but not to programming. Thanks!

Background: There is a custom Map Heroes & Armies, a derivative of Orcs & Humans. Two teams of 5 players compete. Unfortuanately most games end with "but we didnt have stun/ heal/ [whatever] in our team". I want to implement a transparent hero selection at the start of the game, so both teams can adjust heroes until there everyone is confident.

My Idea of the selection screen is drafted on the following two pictures. Every player sees all the portraits of selected heroes. Every player sees radiobuttons according to the selectable heroes, and the one hero he selects appears in the portrait in the middle. Every player also has a "ready" check-button, and once all ready-checkbuttons are checked, the game starts and spawns the players with the selected heroes.

t4kLj6J.png

A4m3xQE.png

if you have ideas on how to makes this simple(r), please go ahead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.