• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help on a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
ok... heres the deal...

i have one spell that is like impale... but it doesnt lift you up... it freezes you (frost armor efect attached to chest) and creates some ices beneth you...

what i need is to know if there is a posibilty (or another skill) that dont make the enemy unit face in the direccion of the caster...

i tried to make them (enemies) face in the same direccion of the caster ( because this hero has a backstab passive skill) but they turno slowly to the angle i tell them... (i want them to face instantly to that angle)...

after this i tried to move them instantly to the same position they where facing the same degrees the caster is facing... i only achieved an increase in the speed they turn... but not instantly...

Do i have to create 6 dummy units in front of the caster with a war stomp ability of 100 aoe (because the wave distance is 1200) that stuns the enmies and gives them the frost armor effect?... or is there another way?

EDIT: impale ability makes the enemies face the caster

Level 11
Rui: how do i do that?
srry didnt know the thread belongs there :/

Razorbrain: the problem is that impale is configured to make you face the caster... but... if you wanna see... heres my trigger

• Shido casts Blue Pulse
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blue Pulse (Mizar Shido)
    • Actions
      • If ((Level of Blue Pulse (Mizar Shido) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1) then do (Set Bluepulse_Time = 1.10) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of Blue Pulse (Mizar Shido) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2) then do (Set Bluepulse_Time = 1.40) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of Blue Pulse (Mizar Shido) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Set Bluepulse_Time = 1.70) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Level of Blue Pulse (Mizar Shido) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 4) then do (Set Bluepulse_Time = 2.00) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1200.00 of (Position of Mizar Shido 0242 <gen>) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is in Spell_Imunity_Group) Not equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (((Picked unit) has buff Blue Pulse ) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Position of (Picked unit)), facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees) else do (Do nothing)

Just_spectating: thats what i said i did... :p

PS:those variable set were used when i used the trigger "make unit face angle" if the trigger is gonna stay like this they are gonna disappear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.