• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help on a book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok i really need help on this on the summer i have to read some books. But i didn't found it in the library so i had no way to read these book for the summer.Now there giving me a project about one of this book so now I'm doom.

Here the list i have to read this summer
Maximum Ride:School’s Out Forever-James Patterson
Copper Sun-Sharon Draper
The Story of A Girl-Sara Zarr
Leapholes-James Grippando
Absolutely Normal Chaos-Sharon Creech
Girl Overboard-Justina Headley
If A Tree Falls At Lunch Period-Gennifer Choldenko
Titan’s Curse-Rick Riordan
The Blind Side:Evolution of the Game-Michael Lewis

Now as for the project it follow some diagram like

-Title:
-Major Characters:
-Major Characters:
-Setting:
-Events:Rising Action
-Climax:
-Falling Action:
-Conflict:
-Resolution:
-Author's Theme:

Well if you read some of this books you can gladly help me on this by cnp the diagram and tell the whole thing in that diagram.After you have done that i have to do it on the computer and the rest.

If you can help that will be very helpful.

Level 14
lol, did I read right? You had to read 9 books over the summer, and you didnt read one. Now, that you have a project, you are screwed. So, you are looking for the hive to do it for you.
wow... Just wow.

~Asomath
P.S you sound exactly like me :D *Wink*

Level 24
Maximum Ride is great. I won't help you btw, and even if I did, that's plagiarism and it's illegal.

Level 12
storyofagirlsk4.jpg

Title: The Story of A Girl-Sara Zarr

Major Characters: Nina, a young ill girl that lives all alone with her pigeon friends in an abandoned basement. Rats also live in her basement, and a fair part of the book is Nina's dreams of pigeons battling rats. Critics say that this is a metaphor of a battle between heaven and hell in her mind (as she sees pigeons as free creatures that soar in the skies, and rats as vile mongrels that bite and gnaw, and live in dark, damp corners of the earth).

Pedro, Nina's uncle. The bad guy with a bit of morals.

Anna, Nina's best friend. She is actually a pigeon, but Nina often talks to her.

"In Anna's wide, smiling eyes, she would find comfort, and even though the dove couldn't talk, Nina knew she understood her." - quote.

Pedor, a big, nasty rat. Nina named him after her uncle, note the similarity.

There is an old lady that brings Nina food every day, but she is only referred to as "The Old Lady".

Setting: The damp, wet basement, and a cozy house in which Nina's uncle lives. The writer often contrasts the two. There is also Nina's dream world, in which about 1/4 of the book take place. The world often changes it's shape, but it often looks like a battleground of a thousand Nina's and a thousand uncles, or a battleground of pigeons and rats. Other locations are mentioned, but i can't remember them at the moment, sorry.

Events:

-To put it short. Nina's parent's abandoned her, because a drunk, desperate, rat-like doctor lied to them that she will be crippled for life. The doctor adopted her (he could not have a child), and told her he was her uncle.

-One night, Nina dreamed a pigeon that told her that she must find her true family. Nina then fled to find her parents.

-She got ill on her journey, and was forced to make a shelter in a abandoned basement, since she did not have the strength to continue.

-Through an open window in flew Anna, a white dove that is always by Nina's side. In a crack of the basement lives a huge rat that Nina dubbed Pedor.

-The story shifts to her uncle that regrets his actions for about 1/5 of the book, and kills himself by slashing his wrists.

-Then we see Nina again, which cries and thinks about her family. Every now and then we see her dreams which i described earlier.

-When Nina got worse, Anna the pigeon was by her side. The rats got encouraged and attacked Anna, but she wouldn't leave Nina.

-When Nina woke up all she saw of Anna was her feather.Then she felt better, and set off to find her family.

-The book ends with a scene where a 20 year old girl is standing near two tombstones. It is Nina who had found her parents, but unfortunately they died. On each stone, a dove is engraved.

That's pretty much all of it. A "thank you" would suffice.

Last edited:
Level 8
Thank you Japut3h!
Now since my project is now complete i won't be needing this thread anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.