• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Help multiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello hive,

I was able to create a multiboard from 0 (noob version), but when it comes to updating it with Kill / Death is not working, Even if another player kills, it only updates in red.
Someone can help me pls?

• Score
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
      • Set MDA_Death[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (MDA_Death[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MDA_Multiboard item in column 2, row MDA_PlayerRow[(Player number of (Picked player))] to ((String(MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))])) + (/ + (String(MDA_Death[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MDA_Multiboard item in column 2, row MDA_PlayerRow[(Player number of (Picked player))] to ((String(MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))])) + (/ + (String(MDA_Death[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 10 (Light Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
  • Set MDA_PlayerRow[1] = 3
  • Set MDA_PlayerRow[2] = 4
  • Set MDA_PlayerRow[3] = 5
  • other players...
1-3-4.png

--------------------------------------------
Thx advanced.

Level 8
Sorry if you've read my first answer. I noticed a few errors in your trigger.
You're using "Picked player" but there is no player group or "pick player in player group" action.
And it would be better to use "Killing unit" or "Dying Unit" instead of triggering unit in you first condition.

Level 4
Sorry if you've read my first answer. I noticed a few errors in your trigger.
You're using "Picked player" but there is no player group or "pick player in player group" action.
And it would be better to use "Killing unit" or "Dying Unit" instead of triggering unit in you first condition.

Thx for reply.
I replaced to
  • Multiboard - Set the text for MDA_Multiboard item in column 2, row (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) to ((String(MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))])) + (/ + (String(MDA_Death[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))))
But every time red kills, the count appears in row 1 (K / D).
this.png

Then i replace "player number of (owner of (killing unit)))" for "3"(number of row of red) and work. But continues to count kill and death together.

Will I have to do Kill in 1 column other than Death?

Level 8
You're using row "player number of killing unit" instead of
MDA_PlayerRow[(playernumber of killing unit)].
EDIT : I get it,your trigger can't do what you want it to do as you're using the same string for every player :String(MDA_Death[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))))
you have to create 2 different case: one for a player is killing a hero=> update his killing number
one other for a player is loosing a hero => update his death number
Not sure if i'm explaining it properly.
That's what i mean:
  • Score
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is a Hero) Equal to TRUE
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to (Player number of (Picked player))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Picked player))] = ((Player number of (Picked player)) + 1)
              • Multiboard - Set the text for MDA_Multiboard item in column 2, row MDA_PlayerRow[MDA_PlayerRow[(Player number of (Picked player))]] to ((String(MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Picked player))])) + (/ + (String(MDA_Death[(Player number of (Picked player))]))))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to (Player number of (Picked player))
                  • Then - Actions
                    • Set MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Picked player))] = ((Player number of (Picked player)) + 1)
                    • Multiboard - Set the text for MDA_Multiboard item in column 2, row MDA_PlayerRow[MDA_PlayerRow[(Player number of (Picked player))]] to ((String(MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Picked player))])) + (/ + (String(MDA_Death[(Player number of (Picked player))]))))
                  • Else - Actions
(sorry i've got french editor)

Last edited:
Level 4
@Hoth I only modified the "Set MDA_Kills[(Player number of (Picked player))] = ((Player number of (Picked player)) + 1)" for
Set MDA_Death[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (MDA_Death[(Player number of (Picked player))] + 1)"
and the same for death.

I've been trying to figure out a solution for this since yesterday. The only one I had found was checking all players 1 by 1 and using different columns.
Now worked perfect!
This.png
Thank you man!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.