• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Multiboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Following the tutorial I did something like this:

• Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set RedKills = (RedKills + 1.00)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (String(RedKills))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BlueKills = (BlueKills + 1.00)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 3 to (String(BlueKills))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
But when i try ingame it doesnt work

Last edited:
Level 13
i'm not familiar with that method of setting the text.
i'm guessing your problem though is that either your method is flawed, or the fact that you're using a multiboard is bad.
i don't think it's the multiboard but i don't know.
when i added one to a player's current lumber/gold whenever a unit was killed and then make the leaderboard display text according to that lumber or gold count it worked just fine.

anyway, i think you can make your conditions...oh wait nevermind i see your problem!
your conditions should say ANY, not ALL. how is the triggering unit going to be owned by all those players???

but actually, instead of going ahead and doing that, save yourself some trouble and just use one condition, that being owner of killing unit equal to player 1 (red), and then set the red kills in your board. then do the same with the other players.

do it like this?
  • Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set RedKills = (RedKills + 1.00)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (String(RedKills))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BlueKills = (BlueKills + 1.00)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 3 to (String(BlueKills))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
oh, actually i just noticed you had blue unit in blue kills section...
my guess is that is for red and blue teams?
if so then ignore the above part and do it like you had it already but change the all conditions to any conditions.

Level 13
lol really? i assumed it said that the number was zero...haha
well i can let you look at my map but let me warn you the map is far from finished.
The Flying Fortress (Beta) - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com
anyway i think you'd have to do change integer to string (possibly?) to do it your way so ask somehow how to do that? or else just use the method of giving lumber/gold to neutral hostile/extra/passive and victim. you can basically fit in 8 values this way. you could add food too i suppose but the limit i think is going to be 300 for that so it's not smart to do that.

of course there's probably an easier way still to do it than how i did it, but at least my way worked!

the triggers you want to look at are set players, enable kills, and timer sign.
but don't copy everything in that map because that's the map of a newbie.
i'm in the process of releasing a much more refined version of that map.

Level 6
Do you mean like this

Kills
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
Then - Actions
Set BlueKills = ((Integer((String(BlueKills)))) + 1)
Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to (String(BlueKills))
Else - Actions

Level 6
Ok i updated the trigger but it still doesnt work it now writes 0 but
when i kill someone it doesnt show 1 it still shows 0 find my error please:

• Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set RedKills = (RedKills + 1)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String(RedKills))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BlueKills = (BlueKills + 1)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to (String(BlueKills))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Level 6
Yes its on the right column heres the main multiboard showing trigger

• Multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 3 rows, titled Score Board
      • Set Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Team
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to Flag Captured
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to Red Team
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row 3 to Blue Team
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String(RedKills))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 3 to (String(Blue_Flag_Captured))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to (String(BlueKills))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 3 to (String(Red_Flag_Captured))
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 2, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 3, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Show Multiboard

Level 1
If you want to have +1 for each kill, I think this trigger won't work, because you made all of them into if condition, so you need to kill all instantly, this is my result how I would solve it (not tested)

• Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Then - Actions
        • Set RedKills = (RedKills + 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
I have one question to you. Do you want that red get kills even if he is not the "killer"?

Last edited:
Level 13
yeah i already told him that but he hasn't noticed yet i guess

i told him his problem is that he won't get past 0 kills and why is because he's using all conditions for multiple players instead of any conditions

apparently he had another problem in addition to that and that's why he skipped what i said because he assumed i didn't know what i was talking about since it didn't fix what he was stumped on earlier.

Level 1
Have you tested yet? If there are any more problems, let us know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.