• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help Me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Spawning: Demon spawn at Delta Portal (I already have the Timer, and the Window, I just dont know how to make the units spawn after the timer ends)

Spells: I made a few spells myself (3) but those were easy (since they were summoning spells) But I need spells for the Marines (night vision, running, stuff like that)

Triggers: The spawning triggers mostly.

Gates: I made a lot of gates, BUT I want it to be openable only be a certain key (EX: For the Alpha Labs, you'll need a Level 6 clearance key)
Help is greatly appreciated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so what I need help with is with Spawning Triggers (All info on how to do this is needed) How to make it where when you go to a certain point on the map, it tells you your location (EX: When your in Alpha Labs, it would say "Alpha Labs") and how to make Gates open up WITH ONLY KEYS that I've made.

(PLEASE give me ALL the steps on either the Location Trigger, or on the gates trigger. DO NOT LEAVE ANY INFORMATION OUT! If I get stuck and don't know where a text trigger is, for example, and I come back to look here, and it isnt here, ILL BE SCREWED!)

(Please elaberat, give steps, on how to create Triggers or spell creation)

Level 24
For the night vision, maybe use something like Reveal that the Dust of Appearance has, or try Ultravision (both of which can be item or unit based). About running, use something that temporarily increases movement speed. It's from an item called something like Scroll of Haste, just set the area of effect to 0.

Level 24
There's some condition to check if a unit has an item in its inventory. Make it so that when it gets close enough, use that condition, if it's true, the gate opens.

Level 5
Here's an example:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Moon Key) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Open Elven Gate (Diagonal 2) 0000 <gen>

Level 5
No. You see the example I posted? Well I'll interpret the way I made: The region is set before the gate, a unit enters it to open the gate, but it has to have the "Moon key" in order for it to open.

Level 5
Moon key is,again, just an example. Alpha labs key is probably a custom item that you made, so it should be at the bottom of the list if it is set to "All Items".

Level 5
No, you're just clueless. lol :sarcasm: Hope the game you're making gets finished and fun. ;D

Level 5
Make the game fun with some decorations (not a lot) and you'll do fine. Make sure you have the gate opening sound (GateOpen.wav, GateEpicBash.wav etc.) to complement the trigger.

P.S. Avoid double posting, use the edit button. :)

Level 5
Here's an example from a game I'm making.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Tomb of the Unforgiven <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00Tomb of the Unforgiven|r

A unit enters a region with a text showing up to the owner of the unit. The text will say whatever you put in it and will be on the screen for how long you decide to be. Hope this helps.

Note:|cffffcc00 |r is a color code text. The action I used is Game - Text Message (Explicit Time), you can use the Auto Time as well. Either way is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.