• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help me trying to edit wc3x.mpq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
as the title...my proble is i have imported new model for Naga Myrmidon but when i test on WE it show a normal naga...:vw_wtf:.. when i use Wc3 to check the new model it work on wc3 viewer but in WE it doesn't work it show the default model:vw_wtf:..how can i fix this problem?...

i confused now @.@

p/s: i place new model for illidan it worked..

Level 2
this use We import..but i need to change the model in war3x.mpq like editing that file replacing it default model..i want use in DotA map..that y i edit war3x.mpq..but ass a result like this..
attachment.php

that is the problem..

Attachments

• problem.PNG
    problem.PNG
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,127
try making a folder tree in your wc3 folder which is the same as the way the folders are inside the mpq and add the model there, having the same path as the original spirit walker... I think it should work [coz it works for the other files inside the mpq] and less drawbacks than editing the mpq [and easy to remove too]...

so like make a folder named Units inside the wc3 folder then inside that folder make another one name Orc and so on... then put the custom model on the last folder and give it the same name as the spirit walker model...

I take it that u cannot use import model since you're not using this on a map that you are making right?

Level 12
On Topic:
There is 1 reason for your problem. Did you set your model quality in Warcraft 3 options to Highest? Warcarft 3 have a weird setting which is it'll use different mpqs WITHIN the war3.mpq and war3x.mpq for different settings of Model Quality. Try setting it to Highest and see whether the problem persists.

Off Topic:
@Adiktuz & eubz, if you guys are interested in DotA, I'm making a DotA 2 mod for it through Local files and Mpq editing as well. Perhaps you guys would like to check it out.
Facebook Page: Link
Thread at PlayDotA: Link
Official Website: Link (no info here. still under construction.)

Status
Not open for further replies.