• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help me on my dragon model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
here is my model from maya and I'm trying to import it on 3ds max5 to make it mdx but max always crash so can anyone tell me why and how to fix it?

this file is FBX format

Last edited:
Level 3
I can convert it into OBJ and yes I will lose the animation thats why I want it in FBX earlier while playing with maya and 3ds... I can convert some models from maya -> FBX -> 3ds but some models don't and earlier while I'm playing with maya and 3ds a bug happened I manage to convert one model to 3ds but after that I can't convert any more I even tried to convert the same model but 3ds crashed again, I think if I disable something in maya will enable me to convert them freely but I don't know what and how. Hopefully someone can help me out

Level 17
It opens in my max 2009, the bones and animation is there but the dragon is just a mesh.
When I attach the bones to skin it looks fine except for wings and the things around face (mouth and tail are slightly borked up too) both of which get borked up, but odds are I just did something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.