• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help me improve my trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, I have this trigger for my door. However, I'm going to have probably 30+ doors, so would like a trigger that is more copy+paste -able, so I need to lower the amount of references to a specific unit if possible. Oh, also, I'm using the Mech Door that has animations, I made it a building, was this the "correct" way to go about it?

• Door Opens
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit comes within 256 of MechDoor 0014 <gen>
  • Conditions
    • [MechDoor 0014 <gen> is alive
  • Actions
    • Animation - Play MechDoor0014 <gen>'s morph animation
    • Wait 5.00 seconds
    • Animation - Play MechDoor0014 <gen>'s morph alternate animation
BTW, is there a way to simply "copy + paste" the trigger from the WE?

Level 5

I removed the pathing texture so right now it doesn't have collission. I planned to add "no path" doodads into the trigger later...

Any ideas on how to have less references?

Level 5

I can only recomend JASS for this, otherwise it will be highly unefficent and hard to do (I see no easy way to do this in GUI).

Alright, thanks for the help everyone.
I'm going to hand this off to Myydraal, he does the JASS. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.