• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! It's Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok, I have a strange issue with the World Editor. For some reason, player 1 (red) is blue! In every map I test, the same thing. Player 1, who is supposed to be red, is blue. There are no triggers to change that players color. Acording to everything in these various maps, player 1 should be red, but is not.

So, I tried doing some things. First, I reinstalled Warcraft III. That fixed it at first, but the problem reappeared when I first opened the campaign editor. I thought it was fixed, but when I went into the campaign editor, Wham! Blue. After that, in every map I made, player 1 was blue. I tried loading the maps from withing Warcraft III instead of useing the Test Map from within the editor, but there was no difference. Still blue.

Then it got weirder. I made some triggers to change the player color, but nothing happened. I tried to change the units color, but still nothing happened. I also noticed that player 2, which was supposed to be blue, was teal, the color player 3 is supposed to be.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Is it a bug? Or is it something with how my computer is displaying, perhaps I have problems with my video drivers? Are the maps getting corrupted somehow? Is it an error caused by something I downloaded, like a MDX viewer or BLP converter or some such thing?

This color thing is incredibly annoying. Why can't player 1 be red?! Can someone help me with this?

Level 22
You mean to say you spent all this time building models and skins and you never actually played warcraft 3?

Okay, on the left side of the interface bar in-game, just to the right of the minimap, there is a button that toggles the colors of your unis, allies and enemies. On normal, all unis of players are their normal colors. On its alternate setting, your units are blue, your allies are teal and your enemies are red. This is done to prevent confusion from the "rainbow effect" between allies and enemies when several armies are clashing in one small area.

In short: Its an in-game feature, the kind that most people discover the first time they play the game, and is out there clear as day, not an editor feature. :roll:
-VGsatomi

Level 5
You're not the only one who's been confused by that problem. I had a similar embarrasment happen to me 1-2 weeks before I released Sonic Saga to this site. I also went to the trouble of reinstalling my game, mistakingly believing that my game files were corrupted. Then I discovered that button. Apparently, I must have accidentally hit the button and forgot about it. The funny thing was that I bought and started playing WC3 on launch day (yep, I got the Collector's Edition, but I mostly played with the editor and custom maps) and I forgot about that feature. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.