• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help in removing hero glow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I was following the conventional guide, and I removed the texture and the material layers in notepad that contained Rep ID 2s and this showed up

upload_2019-4-14_14-46-47.png

Was there any problem in my procedure or can I just get rid of this void?

Level 14
You should remove the geoset itself with its materials, from what I understand, you only removed the material layers
I have never worked with modelling in notepad, so I will tell you how to do it with Magos model editor or Mdlvis

In Magos Model editor:

-Ctrl + Left click on the Hero Glow, the selected part along with its geoset will flash
-Go to Geoset manager, you will see a geoset selected, this is the geoset you just Ctrl + left clicked on
-Remove it
-Go to material manager, the material of the Hero Glow's geoset will be selected
-Remove it
-(Optional) Go to node manager, then remove the "hero2", "hero3" and "hero04" bones, these are the bones of the hero glow that you removed, and now they serve no purpose other than increasing filesize

In Mdlvis, its much easier:

-Check each geoset until you find the hero glow geoset, I recommend that you then uncheck the other geosets so you don't remove any other meshes accidentally
-Select the hero glow then delete it
-(Optional) Go to sequence editor, remove the "hero2", "hero3" and "hero04" bones, same reason as above

Level 14
should I not tamper with the portraits? I tried doing that to the portraits as well and I think it
corrupted my map.
What do you mean by portraits exactly? Do you mean the Portrait plane that appear in portrait animations? or the ModelName_Portrait.mdx models?

It probably corrupted your map because when you removed the portrait plane geoset, you didn't remove its geoset animation, making this geoset animation reference an invalid geoset thus crashing/corrupting the map when imported

In Magos model editor, open each geoset animation and remove the ones that reference a (None) geoset

If you used mdlvis, the geoset animation gets removed automatically when you remove its referenced geoset

Status
Not open for further replies.