• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Help - If destructable is clicked, limitting to player that clicked it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, I'm trying to make a trigger that displays a text message when a destructable is clicked. I want the message only to display to the player that clicked the destructable. So, I have the Trackable Object event but I don't see how to limit the text displayed to just the player that clicked the object.

Thanks for any help, +rep

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Trackable Object - (Create trackable object using path Doodads\Terrain\RockChunks\RockChunks.mdl at Location (12605.00,-20450.00) facing 90.00) is clicked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (Triggering player), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: Thanks to Jaytay111...

It is a little complicated of a process. The problem with the trackable API is that it is somewhat incomplete. (they don't let you retrieve the player who clicked it and they don't let you destroy trackables)

The resolve is to create a trackable for each player in the same area, and that way you can tell which player clicked it. However, since trackables aren't in GUI, it requires JASS to do properly. You can try taking a look at my system:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-resources-412/system-track-205760/

That will allow for that functionality. You can read through the documentation and try to see if it works for your purposes. If you have any questions, you can just ask me.

The only problem is that it requires some JASS knowledge to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.