• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! i need suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi Folks! i'm working in a one of my maps. is about a personal version of me of the human race in a fantastic Tolkienian universe. the problem is that I did not decide on what I would designate a unit that I created, called "Templar" (based on the Paladin). this unit would have 4 abilities (one passive, one to activate and two to target). I do not know if it would look better as a hero or normal unit, because in the esthetic context, this would be a special warrior class, with great prestige and social relevance, considered as vigilantes and guardians of the Holy Light (equivalent to a Jedi). could you help me on this issue with opinions? Thanks in advance! God bless you! OBS: I'm Brazilian, sorry for my worthy english... :(

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@IcemanBo @KILLCIDE
Move thread to idea factory?

I think it'd be cool to have a passive called "Devotion" or "Blind Faith" which would make the unit reckless as he can fight without fear of death, trusting that the light will keep them safe.
It would simply give extra damage, but theme wise I think it is a cool idea. Could do do more damage + take more damage, alternatively.

That being said, makes sense for it to be a normal unit.

Level 6
@IcemanBo @KILLCIDE
Move thread to idea factory?

I think it'd be cool to have a passive called "Devotion" or "Blind Faith" which would make the unit reckless as he can fight without fear of death, trusting that the light will keep them safe.
It would simply give extra damage, but theme wise I think it is a cool idea. Could do do more damage + take more damage, alternatively.

That being said, makes sense for it to be a normal unit.
Noted

Level 6
Probably better as an elite unit, maybe with limited availability. Or requires special circumstances to obtain, like a Footman that makes X kills gets promoted to the first rank in the order, and as he gets kills he gains more ranks and abilities until he becomes a Templar.
OBS: he model I'll use on it is someone of the @Direfury's human paladins
Noted.

Level 28
So all hammer guys then.

Hammer of Justice (Active): Targets an enemy. Deals damage proportional to the number of units killed by the target in addition to a small fixed amount. Maybe pair it with a spell that creates special effects on enemy units to show their kills (as in if they have 0, 5, 10+, etc. kills).
Faith Rewarded (Active): Targets an ally, restoring a small (fixed) amount of HP and an additional amount that increases depending on the unit's lost HP.
Holy Presence (Active, Drains mana): While active, nearby allies deal more damage.
Smite (Passive): Has a chance to stun an enemy and cast Holy Light on the Templar.

Level 6
So all hammer guys then.

Hammer of Justice (Active): Targets an enemy. Deals damage proportional to the number of units killed by the target in addition to a small fixed amount. Maybe pair it with a spell that creates special effects on enemy units to show their kills (as in if they have 0, 5, 10+, etc. kills).
Faith Rewarded (Active): Targets an ally, restoring a small (fixed) amount of HP and an additional amount that increases depending on the unit's lost HP.
Holy Presence (Active, Drains mana): While active, nearby allies deal more damage.
Smite (Passive): Has a chance to stun an enemy and cast Holy Light on the Templar.
Wow! Nice! Noted.

Level 28
Other ideas:

Martyr (Passive): Increases stats (damage, attack speed, regen...) for every negative buff on the Templar.
Purify (Active): Removes all buffs in a wide radius around the caster.
Deny the Warlock (Active): Nearby allied units get a temporary anti-magic buff.
Divine Presence (Passive): Increases armor and HP regeneration for nearby allied units.
Judgement of the Righteous (Active): Target unit has reduced armor. Effect is doubled for demon and undead units.
Zeal (Passive): Attack damage increases with damage taken (10% HP missing -> 10% damage added, etc.).
Cantrip of Absolution (Active): Spell Steal is applied to all units in a short radius around the caster.
Sacred Circle (Active, Channeling): While active, any allied unit in a wide range instantly gets hit with a Spell Steal when debuffed.
Aura of Retribution (Passive): Automatically throws Light attacks at demon and undead units.
Hell Fears ME! (Active): Demon and undead units are ordered to run away from the Templar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.