• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help for use many map as one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, im actualy trying to understand how work the trigger in rexxar campagne for do one think similaire, i do a big map, like a rpg/mmorpg, i would like to make a trigger for exemple

- when a hero go into X portal

- move the hero in a totaly new map (for make big donjon (keep inventory level spell ex...) )

- then return him to the "original" map

like we can see on the rexxar campagne, if i have understand i have to use triger, and the campagne editor, but i really dont know how this work, and if that work, did this gonna work only for one player ? Or in multi this can be ok ?

- Im sorry for my english

Nosiaz

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The approach used by the Rexar (Bonus Orc) campaign only works in single player and only with campaigns. Custom campaigns are currently unsupported in Warcraft III Reforged and should be added back in a future update.

The approach is to move player state between maps using game cache, like all campaigns. The difference is that upon leaving a map the map is saved. When the player goes back to the map, the save of the map is loaded and the player state updated from the gamecache.

Map save/load is quite buggy and prone to breaking some triggers. For complex custom campaigns it might be recommended to game cache the key map state as well and recreate such state on a freshly started map.

Level 4
i see, my map will have hundreds trigger, so that i really bad idea to do this i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.