• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Help] Combining 2 Structures into a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Currently I have this trigger:
a35a8cb3c33ab7b46e1ba4f328e4e05d.png

I am trying to make it combine two of the same towers into a new tower. I click the button and nothing happens.

Level 9
I'm not entirely sure what your goal is, but here is that above trigger in working form: (I also fixed the leaks)

• Combine Units
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Combine Units
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Barracks) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in TempGroup) Greater than or equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = [Whatever point you want]
          • Unit - Create 1 [Unit you want to create] for (Triggering player) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Level 39
So just so you know... there are abilities to do this already in the game, you shouldn't need to use triggers. Check out the Mount Hippogryff (and I believe the other is called "pick up archer" or something) and "dismount" abilities the Night Elves have. They allow you to target another unit and then combine with it specifically. I believe there are also a set of abilities to do this (and splitting) from the Firelord's spawn fire elemental spell (they break into smaller versions when they die).

Status
Not open for further replies.