• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help about a melee game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a melee map :spell_breaker: and I need a little help. Hope someone will reply to this post :razz:. How can I trigger this:
These are my problems:
1.) If someone quit all of his units are gone. EDITED: SOLVED
2.) If the player(color) isn't in the game all of his/her units will disappear. EDITED: SOLVED
3.) I can't understand the tutorial for how to create a loading screen.
4.) How to put -name EDITED: SOLVED
5.) Is there any website that i can find more models? EDITED: SOLVED
6.) How to protect my map against hackers?

Well... That's all! Hope someone will help. Thank you. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 7
here you go... 1,2,3,4,5
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
just make one for each player.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to None
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
just make one for each player... even red... host do leave sometimes

ok to make a loading screen is easy. go scenario and click the map describtion... just fill out the information and then click the next tab. after that you can either choose a default loading screen which shows everyones name and if they are loaded up or not... or use a campain screen which you can write little notes for the players to get an idea on what is going to be going on.

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (-name + Name) as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set name of Player 1 (Red) to Name
in this one you have to make a variable string

um about models, you might want to request for some on the models forum, but dont ever steal models... that is rude and if you stole the monalisa as your own work... just think of how people would feel.

Level 3
woah! thanks a lot! by the way the no.3 problem is i dont know how to create a custom loading screen. well thanks :D

Level 7
well if your good in photo shop or have a picture then just use the import fuction and up load it into your game. also if you wanted to shorten your code... just make the players 1-total players and make an array and then you can loop it though... just to save you some time... i was just giving you an idea of how to make them =D and glad you like it

Status
Not open for further replies.