• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hellstone Golem

Drawing strength from the fires of hell, Hellstone Golem wreaks fiery havoc on his enemies.

Miscelaneous:
  • Contains additional animations for instant and channeling spells, stuns, bashes and stomps.
  • Contains reworked in-game mesh to support the character of the model.
Technical:
  • Attachment points, collision spheres and so on, are properly adjusted.
  • Minimized geosets; animations have been made smoother.
  • Contains the appropriate Death animation sounds.
UPDATED:
  • The omnilight color changed from greenish to bright yellow.
  • Fixed the Decay animation issue.
Author's notes:

During creation, I tried to give the model a lore-friendly look to better fit the Warcraft universe.
I'm happy to share it with Hivers: feel free to use/edit the model but give credits.
The model was created for one of my favorite maps - Tree Tag.

Keywords:
Boss, Burning, Demon, Elemental, Fire, Firelord, Golem, Hell, Hellstone, Infernal, Lava, Stone, Summon
Contents

BTNHellstoneGolem (Icon)

HellstoneGolem.mdx (Model)

HellstoneGolem_Portrait.mdx (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
The model did not disappear on the end of Decay animation. Please fix it. The light node is also emitting a greenish light, a yellow/orange could fit better.
General Frank
A very good model edit and excellent use of in-game textures. Works in-game and performs well. Amazing job. Idea for the future: Add an animated layer of molten lava over the firelord fire texture. :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well you've successfully combined two of the coolest models in the entire game (& two of my personal favorites, natch) into one excellent combo, so I'm not sure what else to say but

I mean seriously, this is epic. Granted the custom animations you did are ever-so-slightly worse than the standard ones, they are still quite good (especially the "clap" anim, love that one).

Well you've successfully combined two of the coolest models in the entire game (& two of my personal favorites, natch) into one excellent combo, so I'm not sure what else to say but

I mean seriously, this is epic. Granted the custom animations you did are ever-so-slightly worse than the standard ones, they are still quite good (especially the "clap" anim, love that one).
BTW, I also combined Lich 😀
But that applause claps are still for his dad ❤️‍🔥
firelord.gif

The model did not disappear on the end of Decay animation. Please fix it.
The light node is also emitting a greenish light, a yellow/orange could fit better.
What do you mean? Should all geosets become invisible on the last Decay animation frame? 😳 Doesn't the game remove the unit's remains after the Decay animation is finished?

Last edited:
You are quickly becoming one of my favourite artists in the section. Such fantastic work, such attention to detail! And so very useful!
My pleasure! :smile:

A very good model edit and excellent use of in-game textures.
Works in-game and performs well.
Amazing job.

Idea for the future: Add an animated layer of molten lava over the firelord fire texture. :)
Thank you!
I'm planning to release some additional versions of that golem creatures in the future when I have enough of them and I will surely take your idea into consideration :smile: