• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello to all, and please I need a little help.... :eek:
.... Story goes - I was creating a new hero for DOTA and I spent a lot time creating spells and fixing balance... :razz:
...at the and I find myself in trouble because I do not have Icons for spells, so I am searching for Icons for these spells - Body shock , Axe of Justice ,
Blood Shield , and - Lyon Shield
Hero name is Lord Garithos - the Blood Knight. :cool:

If you have some idea be free to contact me....
Thanks..:ned:

Level 13
Oo Your are creating heros for DOTA???

I love dota. It's a great game and I don't understand why it destroys the fun on making AoS maps... Guys who say that are just jealous....

Body shocks sounds as if the icon of the ultimate of "naga sea witch" (not sure... the ultimate which slows unbelivable...) would fit.

I looked for axe icons and I really like this one Link

Blood shield: There are two which I think fit: Link 1.
Link 2.

For the lyon shield... I have no idea what lyon means but I really like this icon^^: Link

Level 13
You see... You are jealous that your AoS is not as good as dota...

What do you think Linus Torvalds (creator of linux) thinks... Nearly every computer user uses windows...

And why... Because Linux is not Window-ish enough...

That's no reason for hating it...

If your AoS is good enough people WILL like it...

Level 1
Oo Your are creating heros for DOTA???

I love dota. It's a great game and I don't understand why it destroys the fun on making AoS maps... Guys who say that are just jealous....

Body shocks sounds as if the icon of the ultimate of "naga sea witch" (not sure... the ultimate which slows unbelivable...) would fit.

I looked for axe icons and I really like this one Link

Blood shield: There are two which I think fit: Link 1.
Link 2.

For the lyon shield... I have no idea what lyon means but I really like this icon^^: Link

Thank you very much, :cute: the arcane shield looks very nice and I might use regal steel b shield. Well idea for body shock is a little different. At beginning I now that hero contest is ruthless so I was creating hero that has unique abilities, as hard as it may be, and I spent months... Well long story short, Body shock has the same/similar name to the naga's spell but is based at the different idea - armor damage + strength damage + micro stun. This was hardest spell to create because it was so imbalanced too week at the beginning and too strong ind the end ( damage range between 70 and 1500). Now it is more balanced it goes from 100 to 300 or 450 (depending on enemy's armor; for counting I used parameter that most heroes do not cross over 10 armor without armor boosting items), but still I am not convinced that people would approve...
...we will see.:hohum:

Level 1
You are such a fool... a fool controlled by the world of "main stream", there are like 100 AoS maps which are in quality and game play better as DotA, because DotA has major designing flaws... if you would be even a "small" mapmaker you would understand it.

Well I understand you, yes that many(almost all) AoS maps do not see the light of the world because of Dot-a. But really you must ask yourself question is why ?? I have to say, before I continue that my best friend was creating AoS map - well almost two years, and I was only helping at beta testings and giving him ideas for heroes and spells, so I know how hard it was, and at the end how painful it was - because three months ago he abandoned his map... The answer to the question is - first DoT-a is wcIII based (first heroes, sounds, first items, units, creeps) so many people from wcIII world moved to the DoT-a world, second when Dot-a started it was at the bottom for a long time, third people in dota gived very much for boosting it's popularity - with any means necessary... (creating posters, forums, competitions,etc. ), forth they created very much of updates, and often. Fifth they inserted bots for newbies to get acomodated to the map/hero/item way of thinking. 6 - They created items that are same/similar to the wcIII/diablo, and many who played wcII-wcIII-diabolo were sucked by fact that DoT-a was similar to those games. 7 - popularity boom from ground zero was slow until - well I think (but am not sure) two years ago, than people who played it started to spread word like disease (figuratively) and one friend pulled another friend and popularity just exploded. Now for most DoT-a players the game itself is not important as much as it is winning. So if you can create all this and be patient at same time - in year or two I thinck your map will be popular as DoT-a or even more... You know you are right dota has lot of imbalance and mistakes - but is guided by a lot people/fans that it goes on it's own way. I really do not like some latest versions of DoT-a, but I guess that I am old type of player.... and I would like to see your map and to taste if if you do not mind ?

Level 7
Druid Of Tequila, you have just being welcomed by a real human instead of a bot, you are very lucky indeed.

P.S Dota sucks, the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.