• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello People -Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need help!

I don't know how to apply models into units.

I know somethings like Object Editor/Units/ Whatever unit you want /ART-Model File and you choose the model you imported, but sometimes this doesn't work and I don't understand *.blp and *.mdx and *.mdl.

Can someone tell me how to apply model files into units?
:grin:

Level 34
You import models with .mdx but they show ingame as .mdl which is correct. Skins are .blp, and skins are textures that you apply to a certain model. If you want a certain unit to have imported model,1. Open World Editor ; 2. Import the model + with the correct skin path (if there is a custom skin) ; 3. Save ; 4. Open Object Editor, choose a Unit for which you want to replace its model ; 5. Find "Art - Model File" ; 6. Double Click on it and then search for your imported model under "Import" ; 7. After you did that, save and... ; 8. Done!

Oh, welcome to Hive Workshop!

Level 2
You import models with .mdx but they show ingame as .mdl which is correct. Skins are .blp, and skins are textures that you apply to a certain model. If you want a certain unit to have imported model,1. Open World Editor ; 2. Import the model + with the correct skin path (if there is a custom skin) ; 3. Save ; 4. Open Object Editor, choose a Unit for which you want to replace its model ; 5. Find "Art - Model File" ; 6. Double Click on it and then search for your imported model under "Import" ; 7. After you did that, save and... ; 8. Done!

Oh, welcome to Hive Workshop!

ok im confused, im new as well, but i have several model files i dled from this site, just for personal use, but when i go into war editor and import them (unzipped) with .mdx and .blp but my .blp goes into game interface and .mdx goes into model file, they wont load...

Status
Not open for further replies.