• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hello Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone, I'm dofys. This warcraft mapmaking community is just awesome! Now I know where to show my work or to learn more about mapmaking. Well, the only thing I need to learn is making cinematics. :emote_sad: The part in worldedit that I enjoy is making terrains and triggers, even though I'm not good with terraining. The part in worldedit that I enjoy is making terrains and triggers, even though I'm not good with terraining. Hehe, its really fun and actually helps excercise your brain to solve bugs. My current project is a hero arena and a dungeon-based rpg hybrid called Dof's Warcraft Hero Arena.

Question: Where do I ask questions if I don't understand something in triggering?

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome to The Hive Workshop dofys. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include::grin:

For cinematics, Bob27's Cinematics tutorial is very helpful.

For trigger questions you have some options.
  1. Wold Editor Help Zone This forum gets a lot of traffic: many users will read your questions here.
  2. Triggers (GUI) The Hive's most proficient trigger editors hang out here: your questions are sure to be addressed by the best operators!

Level 5
Wow that cinematic tutorial was awesome, thanks Wolverabid! I got another question, how do I give rep?

Level 32
Well my friend you can "comment" on other users reputations by selecting the "Add to Reputation" button in the info panel on their posts:
reputation.gif

One can't actually impact another's rep standing until he or she has acquired 50 reputation points themself. This may soon change however.

[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29906"]Rep Solution[/self] and [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30760"]Reputation Enabled![/self] are threads that can (partially) help to explain the current situation.

Your question reminds me that I really need to define and explain our system in great detail for our new users.

Level 5
Many thanks, Wolverabid. The threads that you've given me, helped explain a lot. Well ok, not that a lot but it still helped.

Level 24
Welcome to the Hive Workshop! And i'm glad my tutorial helped you :)

Welcome to The Hive Workshop dofys. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include::grin:

For cinematics, Bob27's Cinematics tutorial is very helpful.

For trigger questions you have some options.
  1. Wold Editor Help Zone This forum gets a lot of traffic: many users will read your questions here.
  2. Triggers (GUI) The Hive's most proficient trigger editors hang out here: your questions are sure to be addressed by the best operators!

Are you just copying and pasting that to every Introduction thread you can find? If it wasn't the added part at the end your post would of been exactly the same as the one you made in ばカのばカ's thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.