• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone, I finally decided to make a Hive account, even though i have been getting models on and off for about a year and a half, and and i have been playing Warcraft for about 8 years, started WC3 about 5-6 years ago.

Also, i was wondring if any one could help inspire me terrain-wise, i cant think of any ideas i am willing to take the time to make. I really want to make a crusader type map, not "medieval lets go kill all the muslims and jews in Europe and the Middle-east" crusaders though, i want the "Lets go kill all the undead before we all get turned into them" crusaders, the cool ones.
I also would like tips on making realistic looking terrain, because i am pretty bad at realistic terrain.

Level 7
OK, Let me introduce you to this AWESOME community...

Introduction!
Welcome to the Hive!
The Hive is a Warcraft III modding community. If you are totally new to the game or very skilled, you may either learn and get help or teach others: there is a place reserved here for you! The site also contains a vast resource section including most of the resources that anyone will ever need for a Warcraft project. You will find campaigns, icons, maps, models, skins, spells and tools. Extensive tutorials contain realms of information on how to create, improve and perfect your resources and maps. The Hive's forum allows everyone to talk about the game, modding, making resources and many other subjects.
What we have:
We have an awesome gallery of random and non-random models, icons, skins, and so forth. You can chat with other users by using the Chat button located to the top-left of your screen, or search through our forums, located to the top links of your screen. You'lll find useful information in there, or maybe the Lulz-iest things around the net. Anything can happen there!
*The Models section: In here, you can find almost any model you need for a project. Example you need some dinosaurs, you can find a lot of them in there.
*The Skins section: In here, you can find almost anything related to warcraft skinning. From Naga royal guard, to the Peasant, most skin-modifications are submitted here.
*The Icons section: In here, almost all models made by someone get a custom icon. Many abilities, units and building icons are located here.
Other cool things:
We of course make a lot of contest around the hive. You can access them all in the sub-forum Contest. You can even submit your own, and with a little luck, your one's gonna be used. You can show off your artistic skills in: drawing, making music and even write Prose and Poetry. In the end, everything's up to you what you want to do.
We have the so called Reputation. That's one of the best things around the hive. We always compete one against each-other for these glowing wonders. You can give reputation to whoever user you want. You just have to click the
reputation.gif
button.
Enjoy your stay as much as i do. Hope we can be friends :goblin_good_job:
Hey, just to let you know... Do not talk about religion on the hive, we're a peaceful community, and dislike it even talking about religion, because we all have our own view on it, including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.