• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello nice people of Hive Workshop! I'm Victarion.

I've been playing WC3 for 10+ years. But not until last month I've ever been interested in creating maps. When I was playing some custom maps online, got bored and wanted to see how these maps are made. Since then I've been interested in Map making. I learnt a lot from you guys (tutorials, help threads and such) and benefit by the resources section for my first map I'm currently working on. So thank you all. ^^

Map that I'm working on is based on Game of Thrones. (Actually "A Song of Ice and Fire" but most of the people know it by the TV Show) It's a Strategy/Risk map with some twists that I don't think I've seen on other maps. I'm improving the map along with my knowledge about WE but mostly I like to keep things simple and themed. Anyways here's a preview as well:

251433-albums8795-picture107225.png

Level 14
Welcome !
Your terrain seems quite good for a first map. Good luck on the rest!
Though, I must say that your first project is very likely to fail. It takes many tries before having enough knowledge to actually finish a map (in my experience, which is the experience of everyone). World Edit is a vast tool and take many months (if not years) to master it.
However, I don't want to decrease your motivation. I just want to prevent you from quitting after you hit a wall (many do).
Never give up and keep mapping !

Level 3

Hi Supernickman!

Welcome !
Your terrain seems quite good for a first map. Good luck on the rest!
Though, I must say that your first project is very likely to fail. It takes many tries before having enough knowledge to actually finish a map (in my experience, which is the experience of everyone). World Edit is a vast tool and take many months (if not years) to master it.
However, I don't want to decrease your motivation. I just want to prevent you from quitting after you hit a wall (many do).
Never give up and keep mapping !

Hello Wareditor!
You didn't decrease my motivation at all. I'm part learning part creating right now. I've redone that terrain more than once as I learn new stuff, also most of the triggers. And it's always fun to realize how incompetent I was at WE just a day ago. I guess having a huge community around creating maps for a 14 year old game gives all the motivation you need ^^
I doubt it will be a good map but I hope at least I can finish it. Thanks for your insights!

Level 3
Hello and thanks the comment! I recall your username. Pretty sure I am using some of your icons, great work on them ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.