• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

hello and a quistion about save/load system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello, guys.
i am a orpg fan from China, just another ordinary player. i just want to ask a question, maybe a stupid one. anyway, let's get started.
i'm talking about the save/load system, or actually talking about the way of saving/loading.

Q1: is loading code the most popular way of saving/loading your characters, items, and so on?

Q2: is there any other way of saving by a real file containing your loading code instead of printscreen and remember the code?

as in China, there is a website: war3.uuu9.com, and someone belong to the forum, who create a new way of saving your game. that is: run war3 through a software platform when you want to play rpg/orpg game, and when you came into the game, there will be a selection for you, to create a new character, to load other old character(s). there also is a file created (with your character code in it ) in the "save" folder.
this sort of platform will replace the annoying code remembering situation.

5304671405_ac56c7d046_m.jpg

5304671405_ac56c7d046.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.