• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Hellfire Plateau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Introduction:

I want to customize Mr.Henchi's Melee Map, Hellfire Plateau, with a few missions to make a full orc combat brawl for the control of the wasteland.

The map can only be played as orc race (duh!). You can recruit a hero and set the name of your orc clan at the beginin of the game, then you get a mission for the hero that unlock to set a power up for your orc clan. There are also a few optional quest not linked to the heroes but allow you to create or upgrade units.

On this maps the pig farms will generate gold per sec for each worker that have inside (just like gold mines of the undead) so you must focus to protect them if you want a safe income in the late game. The trees will also have a large amount so the map won't be deforested on the late game. Only the stronghold can recruit heroes but the altar of storms is the only building that can revive them.

There won't be any troll/taurn help here.

orc_war_by_grenias600_320.jpg

Orc War by grenias. Watch more concepts arts here.

Heroes and quest:

- Blademaster: The way of the sword. The blademaster characteristic is fast kill and escape, so his quest is about up to kill enemy heroes in combat. He gets a random artifact only once for each diferent hero he kills in combat. This is a four player map so he can obtain up to 9 diferent artifacts that can be switched between your heroes too. You can't recruit him if you control the Axemaster.

- Pit Lord: The blood of corruption. You can't recruit him if you control a shaman. This quest allow you to create a corrupted fountain that transform any orc (except shamans, warlocks, beast mamster, ancient saga or red dragon rider) into their fel versions after stay for 5 seconds near the fountain. To obtain the fountain, the pit lord must kill, yes, kill, ten friendly or foe orcs and five demons of the map. Note that even the Blademaster and Axemaster can turn into his fel version. The fel version is very powerful compared to his normal version. They have chaos type attack, more hit points and damage. However ther are just a few things you must know about this too:

1) Your fel units regen becomes negative, so instead generate life point in time your unit lose life points per sec.
2) The effect of the fountain on your unit pass after five minutes if it manages to survive the effect. This affects your hero too who become the green version if he dies anyway.
3) The fountain effect work in any orc, friend or foe (this is a double edge sword because can help your partner in the melee 2v2 but if your base is destroyed or captured the enemy get's the fountain too).
4) The fountain is invulnerable and permanent.

The pit lord have a optional secondary quest if you fullfill the first one. The black dragon nest will require your assistence to kill three red dragons. If you kill the red dragon flight that spawn hostile at the red dragon nest under this quest he will drops his hearth. For each hearth that you bring back to the black dragon nest, you will get a neather dragon (lvl 6). At the final red dragon hearth you will also recive a black dragon egg that allow you to build your own nest to train (Fel orc) black dragon riders.

- Beast Master: The beast master quest is relative about hunting. You must hunt down ten units that are traped by a net. This can be fullfilled with the wolf riders, but you can also buy nets on the war sawmill. The reward is a permanent track that reveal the enemy heroes position. Useful for ambush. You will also unlock Ogres in your barracks that can be upgraded to ogre magi.

- Ancient Saga: He requieres you have another hero to be recruited. The old draenei will swear to serve if you help his people to be released. This allow you to rescue draeneis for each mercenary camp after break the jails. You need to rescue eight draenei to make allow to train draenei peasants on you main hall. Draenei peasants can build draenei barracks that allow you to recruit an invisible army with healing wave. Perfect to ambush your enemy.

You must hurry to fullfill this quest if the enemy knows you got this hero because their can break the jails too, however the spawned draenei will turn hostile if the player who destroyed the cage don't have the Ancient saga recruited.

- Shaman: Shaman are worried about the corruption of the land. The shaman wants to clear the curse of the demons of their lands so he must go to a red dragon flight nest. The red dragoness of the nest gives you a soul trap orb artifact. The quest is straight foward. Kill six demons and carry the demon's soul to the dragoness. She will gives you a dragon rider per soul retrived and a red dragon egg (that allow you to build your own nest) after retrive the final soul. The nest allow you to train your own red dragon raider units that spit fire and burn down units but this nest it's vulnerable (1200 hp). The red dragon nest where the souls must be retreaved generates hostile red dragon unit as mercenary camp on the map and it's invulnerable (the dragon becomes neutral if you have a shaman near it but can become hostile if you attack it). You can't train shaman if you control a Pit lord or Warlock.

- Warlock: You can't recuit him if you have a Shaman. The warlock quest is complex, he must reactivate a dimensional gate (like the dark portal). To do this you must destroy an enemy orc altar of the storm (can be done "easly" with your friend's help). The enemy building will drop a mana spellstone. Once with the spellstone you must go to a dimensional gate and perform the ritual (you will lose the stone and 650 of mana in your pool meanwhile you are performing the ritual). The ritual must not be disturbed so if your hero dies or stop the ritual meanwhile you are in the circle of power you will have to start all over again (look for the spellstone and wait for the mana pool). Once the portal is open the gate will spawn three random demons each 2-3 minutes (max 6 demons). the demons will be hostiles for any player except if a warlock is near them. If both players control warlocks, the demons will be under the most powerful warlock (level counts) or if both warlocks are at same lvl, under the first warlock that controled them. Of course if you kill the enemy warlock the demon will be hostile or under your warlock control. You can turn off the portal attacking the neutral hostile spell generator near it. This will create another spell generator at the same position neutral invulnerable and will switch off the portal until a warlock carries another spellstone to it.

- Axemaster: the axemaster quest is very similar to the blademaster, in terms of what he can do. However his quest is focused to destroy buildings. He will obtain +10 of a random attribute each time he kills a enemy hero or five buildings. This can stack up to 5 times. The player will also recive the double of resources cost of building he destroys (up 25 buildings). You can't recruit him if you have the blademaster master.

375949-sepik.jpg

Watch the full art here.

Replayable:

As you can see the axemaster and blademasters are rivals. The same for warlock, pit lord and shaman. Beast master and Ancient Saga will be "neutral" so per game you will have very intresting combinations of this heroes and quest making the game replayable and fun. This are just a few combinations you can have:

Warlock, pit lord, axemaster.
Pitlord, beastmaster, blademaster.
blademaster, shaman, ancient saga...

Of course the point of this altered melee map still being destroy the enemy base and get resources but as you can see
there's more intresting options than just go straight foward.

Multiending:

Dialogue scenes of the cinematics will be in real game time so you don't have to be worried about your base is under attack meanwhile you can't skip the cinematic or something. The only cinematic that all the players can see is at the end of the game when the last clan remain where the heroes talk to all the orcish. You will get a different ending for each first hero you have recruited that determinated your way:

- Pit lord and neutrals: he laughs and cast rain of chaos up Draenor, then leaves throught a portal (true evil ending).
- Pit lord and warlock: like partners in crime, they laugh add send the remaining orcs throught the dark portal (evil ending).
- Blademaster/axemaster/beastmaster: their made a speach for the orcs (and some ogres if you recruited first the beastmaster) to encourge them to keep killing anyone else who face the "true owners" of draenr (neutral ending).
- Shaman: he performs a ritual with the elements and red dragons bless to stop the neather realm damage on the wastelands and return the spiritual traditions again making the hope reborn (good ending).
- Shaman and Ancient Saga: Shaman performs ritual then make peace with the draenei (true good ending).

Some other ideas:

The game will over in 30 minutes after dark portal reactivation with Draenor destruction if the players don't destroy all the other clans (it's enough time I guess). This will be another ending with the rain of chaos.

The mercenary camps will respawn in time except for the gold mine camps.

Now that you have read my idea, let me know what do you think: would it be fun? will you play it? how we can improve it? Write it below. I'm very excited about this idea and it's something can be reached.

Last edited:
Level 28
Looks good, although I have some doubts about the fel's powerups, especially the negative regen and killing your own units to get the fountain.

Maybe have a system where the pit lord's kills are ranked according to total HP (gold cost, level, etc.) and when he's killed enough (so done 5000 damage total, killed 5000 gold worth of units, level of killed creatures totals 100) it unlocks the fountain? This would give the option of going for big tough monsters to reach the fountain faster, or stay in the base and kill your own units (which would also count for less than enemies and creeps).

Similarly, have the fel-powered units able to throw off the negative regen by killing units (again, total HP, gold or total levels).

Level 15
Looks good, although I have some doubts about the fel's powerups, especially the negative regen and killing your own units to get the fountain.

Maybe have a system where the pit lord's kills are ranked according to total HP (gold cost, level, etc.) and when he's killed enough (so done 5000 damage total, killed 5000 gold worth of units, level of killed creatures totals 100) it unlocks the fountain? This would give the option of going for big tough monsters to reach the fountain faster, or stay in the base and kill your own units (which would also count for less than enemies and creeps).

Similarly, have the fel-powered units able to throw off the negative regen by killing units (again, total HP, gold or total levels).

The fel's powerup basically is the same of the campaign. True damage to the armor but in this case it have a recoil. the point that you can kill your own units to get the fountain is for injured units if you cant heal them (there are no store) so you can give them a "last use" of their lives.

However you got me another idea, I'll add a Ogre Lord Hero. He, just like Beast master but better, allow you to train more powerful ogres at your barracks if you fullfill his quest.

Level 15
Well you choose wich units will turn into their fel version. So basically you are expecting they die in combat. I customized shaman so he gets totem mastery that gives all the totems of the game (vision, trap, searpent and healing totem). He and the ancient saga would be the only healers in game. Ancient saga will have permanent invi (as campaign) low hp, healing wave, resurrection (paladin ulti) so he must be caught in trap with the beast master for example and his falcon with true sight.

I should upload the WIP.

Level 2
Hi there. I really like your idea.
So i decided to test the version of the map you postet recently.
(i guess you could update this thread as well. and put your new versions here, but maybe a forum mod can tell us whats the best way to do it)
You did do some nice work already, but there is a lot to do as i see.
Here are some of the points that i noticed at may playthough.
(I guess you wanted to adress a lot of them anyway, but i will write down what i have)
I wont comment Balance for now, as i geuss it is too early for that

-A lot of the tooltips are missing or wrong.
-The Ogre warlord aura don´t work correctly. At least on lvl 1 it does not give armor to you units (but to critters for some reason, you should check allowed targets)
-The warlockHero Skeletal spell has wrong settings for lvling up (you can lvl the spell lvl2 at hero lvl2...) check the lvl requiements for the spell (compare with other spells, had the same mistake in one of my maps ^^)
-Also check Unit formation rank for you custom units. It determins where your unit will march with your army (melee in front and ranged in back) Didnt check all units but the warlock hero always goes in front although he is ranged.
-the warlock unit from the lodge can use all spells on initiate lvl.
-dreanai vindicater and stalker have some issues at tooltip, or name or skill descriptions, can´t tell what exactly you intend, but something is not right with these two.
-the lvl 5 ogre mauler has a smaller model than the lvl 4 ogre mauler, that is a bit confusing imo
-the ogre lord and warlockHero are somewhat hard to spot when you have the armored ogres and some of the stormreaver units. Its not good when heroes look exactly the same as units. maybe change model/ model size or color or something.

That is it for the time. Keep up the work mate.
If you update i will gladly test again.

Best regards, Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.