• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Hell I hate WILD dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok, this is the deal, I recently started working on a new projectile system.
I've been learning a lot from vexorian's xe engine and decided to practice by making a new system.

The thing is I think I've done everything right, but my dummies don't seem to do anything, they don't move, they don't get effects on it, they don't receive my orders, damn them!!

I tried to solve this problem through many ways, putting debug calls everywhere (and they always appear), creating units directly (yes, because I don't create dummies, I have a unit recycling system), attaching effects directly, changing position directly, and nothing happens.

I've included the map with the system in this post, so you can see it for yourself. It's ready for testing, once you begin testing, a missile should appear in the Battlemage's position, but well that doesn't happen, until the problem is solved.

The only con about it (maybe): it's coded in Zinc, but I believe it won't be a problem for any good vJasser, if I can read both vJass and Zinc, so can anybody.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• [Zinc] DyMotion.w3x
    228.4 KB · Views: 49
Level 9
onInit is static because it is called during map initialization and is method that is common to the entire struct, not a specific instance of it.

Since I'm testing the system I don't need to make the string path as constant. xD

And the last one is that I used method operators, are you familiar with them?

Level 9
ok, I found the problem, however I don't know how to fix it.

The problem lies while trying to delegate the dmProjectile struct into the dmMotion struct.
I have no idea why that happens, in theory it should work, but it just doesn't. Damned I am.

I did everything exactly like vex's system, but mine doesn't work. Delegates work on Zinc too.

Status
Not open for further replies.