• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Helicopter rockets???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I created a new unit, model like helicopter.
2 weapons, 1 machinegun, it works properly, but i set 2.nd to rocket launcher, ....and i want to shot 6 rockets at once, and "reload" to 10 sec.
how can I set the rockets?

create new ability from "Cluster Rockets" for 2nd weapon.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=101804

Cluster Rockets
(Thanks so much IgnitedStar!!)
A spell that is known to have quite the array of weird fields and abnormalties.
Table:
Damage Amount : Amount of damage that is dealt per Damage Interval.
Damage Interval : Amount of time per when Damage Amount is applied.
Effect Duration : The amount of time Damage Interval is accounted for before it stops checking every X seconds, X coming from Damage Interval. Or... This might also be the amount of damage any one Damage Interval can deal to all units within the Area of Effect.
Max Damage: The maximum amount of damage any one unit can take from a single casting of the spell. Or... This might also be the amount of damage any one Damage Invertal can deal.
Missle Count : Eyecandy only. Determines how many missiles are shown, so if there are more missiles than the duration lasts, missiles will be shown w/o damage, and vice versa. The only way to determine the right timing is by guess + check.
Area of Effect : This goes hand in hand with Missle Count. Even if I extended the Range, I wasn't able to change where the missles landed or how they landed. A test with a large area showed that the missle art is truly just for effect: Even if you use an area of a thousand, the missles will only cover a small area of that thousand, but all units within the Area of Effect will still get hit.
Spell Duration Hero/Unit :This specifies the amount of stun dealt as units get hit according to Damage Interval. This only happens once, as if the unit is hit at any Damage Interval. So, even if a unit gets hit by Cluster Rockets late, it will still be stunned for this amount of time. The same holds true for units that are hit within the area. Blizzard made it so that the stun ended just as the Effect Duration ended.
Cooldown: I feel a need to put Cooldown in here. Cluster Rockets is a channeling spell; if the Effect Duration surpasses the Cooldown, then Cluster Rockets can literally run forever with sufficient mana.
(Thanks Burning Rose:)
Buffs : I've found that if you give the Buff field for Cluster Rockets (Which normally has 'Cluster Rockets', not 'Stunned') the 'Stunned' buff, it doesn't work; the stun doesn't go off. If you, instead, give it a buff based off Cluster Rockets, the stun works, but the damage doesn't. However, the Cluster Rockets buff looks just like the stunned buff, so it doesn't matter as long as you leave it that way.
(Thanks TKF:)
Art - Projectile Speed Does not affect Cluster Rockets.
Other Rockets take approx. .75-.79 seconds to reach their target, regardless of speed or distance. (So if the range is really long, the rockets will go insanely fast, and vice versa)

Level 3
Helicopter shots him self rockets, or u have to use an ability wich launches rockets?

I use a simple unit (flying machine-Humans) with model file---- heliicopter
i set : attack 1: piercing, instant, 0.05 sec, (it works) this is for air units.
And the second one: siege, art - cluster rockets...
it works, but it shots only 1 rockets,...
i want to shot 6 rockets at once, and i dont know how to make this shot...

sorry for my bad english.:ogre_rage:

Status
Not open for further replies.